Recipe By: @my.little.food.critic
Insanely creamy, packed with protein, and so delicious. You need to give this recipe a go! It comes together using just a few simple ingredients, and you’ll have a mouth-watering meal on the table in no time.
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Serves: Family
Vegan Alfredo Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 ½ cups pasta of choice
- 1 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp minced garlic
- ½ cup cashew nuts
- ¾ - 1 cup plant-based milk of choice
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- A handful of grated vegan cheese or vegan parmesan cheese
- A large handful of spinach, finely chopped
- Pepper for seasoning
How to Make Vegan Alfredo Sauce Pasta
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat, and when hot, add the onion and garlic. Sauté for a few minutes until the onion softens.
- Add the cashews and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Transfer the onions, garlic, and cashews to a high-speed blender.
- Add the 3/4 cup milk and nutritional yeast and blend until smooth.
- Transfer back to the pan and add the vegan cheese or vegan parmesan cheese. Stir until melted and creamy. If it is a little thick, add the remaining milk.
- Add the chopped spinach and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta and stir until the pasta is well coated in the sauce.
This can be stored in an airtight container for two days in the fridge. You will need to add some more milk when reheating to loosen the sauce.
Alternatively, the sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Does your little have leftovers on their plate? No problem. That's what our silicone stretch lids are for! Without washing an extra dish, label, cover, and store food directly in our 3 or 5 section Grip Dish!