To throw a bit of science at you, silicone is an inert, rubber-like material, that is safe, durable and flexible. Silicone is created from oxygen and bonded silicon, a very common natural element found in sand and rock. Bumkins only uses 100% food grade silicone in our products, without any fillers. Our products are always tested by third-party labs and meet or exceed all US safety standards as established in the CPSIA and FDA.
What is Silicone?
STAIN & ODOR RESISTANT
SAFE IN APPLICANCE
EASY TO CLEAN
DURABLE & LONG-LASTING
Why We Love Silicone
It’s clean. Silicone has a natural resistance to bacteria, mold, and fungus.
It’s durable. It lasts! It can withstand both hot and cold temperatures. It is also resistant to age, sunlight, and moisture. Plus, the colors never fade!
Easy to clean. You can hand wash it, throw it in the dishwasher, or even boil it.
Safe in appliances. Warm it, freeze it, bake it. It's safe up to 445 degrees Fahrenheit.
At Bumkins, we care about your little one's safety. We do the work to ensure all of our products meet safety standards set by the CPSIA. Our silicone meets or exceeds safety standards, including our colorings. Silicone does not contain any petroleum-based plastics or toxic chemicals such as those found in plastics such as BPA, Lead, and Phthalates. It is also non-toxic to animals and marine life.
US Safety Standards
- U.S. CPSIA, Section 101 for Total Lead Content | PASS
- Bisphenol-A (BPA), Bisphenol-S (BPS) and Bisphenol-F (BPF) detection | PASS
- U.S. CPSIA, Section 108, Phthalate Content | PASS
- FDA 21 CFR 177.2600, Rubber resin safety in use with food contact | PASS
- 16 CFR 1500.44 – Flammability in Toys | PASS
- 16 CFR 1501 – Small Parts
- 16 CFR 1500.48+.49 – Sharp Points/Edges