Yellow (like Mickey's shoes) hummus recipe! The only thing cuter than this Mickey Mouse Grip Dish by Bumkins was the big bright smile on my daughter's face when she saw this dish. Mickey Mouse is my 3-year-old's favorite cartoon character, so you can imagine. Bumkins has a wide range of adorable character dishes and products, and you might find your child's favorite character too! Even better, you can get 15% off your next Bumkins order using our discount code "EASYHEALTHYKIDS."
Yellow Hummus Recipe:
- 1 can cannellini beans (15.5 oz)
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric + more for color
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- juice of 2 small lemons or 1 big lemon
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Add cannellini beans, tahini, garlic, turmeric, cumin, salt, onion powder, and lemon juice to a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- For a brighter yellow color, add more turmeric a pinch at a time and blend. Too much turmeric will make the hummus bitter, so add a little at a time.
- Add olive oil and pulse 3 times to combine.
- The Himalayan pink salt I used is milder than table salt or sea salt. Take that into consideration.
- Add olive oil at the end to avoid over-processing it.
- I used 3 garlic cloves instead of 2 because my family likes the spiciness of raw garlic, but adjust to your liking.