Recipe By: @my.little.food.critic
This Hawaiian-inspired Macaroni Salad is so easy to make, requires just a handful of ingredients, and is so flavorsome. It’s perfect as a side dish or as a main meal for little ones! I’ve added some Greek yogurt to this version to amp up the protein and healthy fat.
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 12 minutes
- Serves: Family
- 1 cup macaroni
- 1 carrot (medium sized), shredded
- 1/4 white onion, minced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup full fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup full fat milk
- 1/2 tsp salt (omit for babies and young toddlers)
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
2 tbsp green onions, thinly sliced or 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
How to Make Hawaiian Style Macaroni Salad:
- Cook the macaroni according to the packet instructions. Then drain and rinse thoroughly with cold water.
- Allow the cooked macaroni to cool.
- Add the macaroni to a large bowl, followed by the remaining ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Pop into the fridge for 2-3 hours or overnight. Stir again before serving.
This can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for 2 days.Short on time? Try one of Shikha's other much-loved pasta recipes: 15 minute Fresh Lemon & Herb Pasta Salad + Easy Pea Pesto Pasta!