Recipe By: @athomewithastghik
If you’re looking for a tasty way to enjoy chickpeas, try this no-bake cookie recipe. All four of my kids enjoyed it, as did I! It comes together quickly and is such a nutritious treat to snack on.
- 1 1/2 cups of canned chickpeas (I used no-salt added)- drained, rinsed, and patted dry
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup small diced sweetened dried cranberries, small diced raisins, or mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Add chickpeas to a food processor and blend until they’re broken down.
- Add walnuts, and blend until they’re broken down and finely ground.
- Add the peanut butter, ground cinnamon, ground flaxseed, and maple syrup. Blend until the mixture comes together. Transfer it to a bowl. Add the small diced cranberries and gently mix them in.
- Use a tablespoon measure to transfer the mixture to the palm of your hand to form a cookie.
- Place the cookies in a refrigerator-safe platter or a glass food storage container in a single layer.
- Refrigerate for an hour before serving or keep them in the refrigerator until you’re ready to enjoy them.
Note: if needed to stack the cookies on top of one another in the container, use parchment paper to separate the layers.
Pictured: Lavender Silicone Grip Dish + Lavender Toddler Spoon
Want more no-bake cookie ideas for quick treats? Try these Chocolate Chip Chickpea No-Bake Energy Balls or these Nearly No Bake Banana Cheesecake Minis!