Looking for an easy summer treat that incorporates seasonal fruit? This week, @athomewithastghik shows us how to make nearly no-bake banana cheesecake minis with a recipe for a 10 min crust. Plus, instructions on how to make a homemade strawberry sauce for the swirl!
These are egg-free and are low in sugar. The cheesecakes are mostly no-bake since the recipe requires the crust to bake for only 10 minutes. In addition, the bananas help give these cheesecakes a nice flavor and some creaminess.
I used the strawberry sauce to elevate the flavors and give it a pretty presentation. The swirls may look complex, but they are very easy to create. (The strawberry sauce is optional)
- *1 cup oats, I used old fashioned rolled oats
- *1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- *1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (I like to use ground Ceylon cinnamon)
- *3 Dates, pits removed
- *4 tablespoons of the liquid from the dates
🍌1 ( 8 Oz) container of cream cheese, at room temperature
🍌2 ripe bananas
🍌3 tablespoons of pure maple syrup
How to make the crust:
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Remove the pits from the dates and place them in a bowl. Add hot water to cover the dates and let them sit for 5 to 10 minutes or until they are soft. Set it aside.
- Add the oats, ground flaxseed, and ground cinnamon to the food processor. Blend everything until the oats are broken down.
- Add the soaked dates and 4 tablespoons of the liquid from the dates.
- Blend until the mixture sticks together when pressed between your fingers (add a tablespoon or more of the liquid if needed).
- Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Scoop a tablespoon of the mixture and place it in the cupcake liner. Press it down flat using your fingers and the back of the tablespoon measure.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Set it aside to cool completely.
- Rinse and dry the food processor bowl and the blade.
How to make the cheesecake mixture:
- Add the softened cream cheese and ripe bananas to the blender and blend until it’s combined. Add the maple syrup and blend until combined.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of the mixture over the cooked crust.
At this point, if you would like to add the strawberry sauce, please follow the instructions below.
If you’d like to leave the strawberry sauce out: you may place the cheesecake directly in the freezer to set, which can take about 8 hours or overnight. Make sure it’s sitting on something flat and straight so the mixture doesn’t move.
Note: Leave them in the freezer until you’re ready to eat them.
I garnished my cheesecakes with unsweetened shredded coconuts, diced strawberries and halved blueberries.
How to Make the Strawberry Sauce:
This strawberry sauce is easy to make and delicious. You may use it to decorate or add some extra flavor to your Easy-to-Make Mini Banana Cheesecakes. Swirl it in with your favorite yogurt, drizzle it over your favorite desserts like a Yogurt Fruit Parfait, or use it on just about anything.
- 12 ounces of strawberries, washed and stems removed
- 1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of pure maple syrup (may add more or less depending on your preference)
- Wash and pat dry the strawberries and cut the stems off. Dice the strawberries into chunks and add them to a saucepan.
- Add the lemon juice to the saucepan and cook (over medium heat) for 5 minutes, frequently stirring while mashing the strawberries.
- Add the maple syrup and cook (stirring frequently) for an additional 4 minutes. Taste and add more sweetness, if desired.
- Place a strainer over a glass/heat-proof bowl and safely pour the strawberries onto the strainer. Use a fork to mash and move the strawberries around to help strain all of its liquid into the bowl. Remove the strainer and allow it to cool.
- Your strawberry sauce is ready to use. Or, may cover it with a lid and keep it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to use it.
How to make strawberry swirl hearts:
- Fill the strawberry sauce in a squeeze bottle with a small opening at the tip.
- Squeeze dots onto the cheesecake or use a teaspoon to drop small dots onto the cheesecake carefully. Then use a toothpick to form hearts.
- To do so, place the toothpick at the top of the dot and drag it down through the center of the dot (Pull the toothpick up once you’re at the bottom of the dot and a heart should form).
- Place it in the freezer making sure it’s sitting on something flat and straight so the mixture doesn’t move. Let it sit in the freezer to set, can take about 8 hours or overnight.
Or for a different look:
Instead of making dots with the strawberry sauce you may make a strawberry sauce layer. Leave the cheesecake as-is and place it in the freezer for 1 hour. Remove it from the freezer and make sure the surface is frozen and not wet. Pour a tablespoon and a half of the strawberry sauce all over the top.
Note: Make sure it’s fully covering the surface. Add more if needed.
Then place it back in the freezer for everything to set completely, about 8 hours or overnight. Remove from the freezer and enjoy. (Leave them in the freezer until you’re ready to eat them)
Do your littles love bananas? Try Astghik's no sugar added banana cookie recipe!