Recipe By: @my.little.food.critic
These Fig Bars are so delicious!! They are a great make-ahead breakfast or snack and are packed with nutritious ingredients.
- Prep: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 45 mins
- Serves: 8-10 bars
Homemade Fig Bar Ingredients:
- 2 cups figs, chopped
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp water
- Juice & zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons honey
How to Make Fig Bars:
- Preheat the oven to 180c/350f and line an 8-inch baking tin with parchment paper.
- First, make the fig jam filling by combining the figs, maple syrup and water in a pan over medium heat. Stir until thick, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla.
- While the jam is cooling, make the oatmeal crust.
- In a bowl, combine the oats and flour. Next, add the cubed butter and, using your fingertips, combine the mixture until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Press half of the oat mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- Next, carefully spread over the fig mixture. Finally, crumble the remaining oat mixture evenly over the fig mixture and gently pat it down.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely before slicing.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Let us know how your fig bars turned out in the comments + check out Shikha's recipe for a yummy blueberry breakfast cake!