This slow cooked dish is perfect for a cozy fall or winter dinner and takes just a few minutes to prep for a super flavorsome dinner.
- Prep: 5 minutes
- Cook: 3-4 hours
- Serves: Family
- 2 cups marinara sauce or
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Salt (to taste)
- 1.5 tsp dried basil
- 1.5 tsp Italian herbs
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 chicken breasts
- A handful of fresh basil
- Add the marinara sauce, black pepper, salt (if using), basil, oregano, and garlic to your crock pot.
- In a jug, whisk together the cornstarch and heavy cream. It will thicken considerably.
- Add this mixture to the crock pot and stir to combine.
- Add the chicken breasts and cover with the sauce.
- Cook on high for 3 - 4 hours.
- Sprinkle over the fresh basil.
This is delicious served with pasta or alongside some rice/quinoa.
Note: For babies, you can shred the chicken before serving.