Wondering what can you make with leftover turkey?
Reduce waste and learn how to turn turkey day into a pasta night with this creative crowd-pleaser! (So good, nobody will know it's leftover)
Recipe by: @my.little.food.critic
This creamy one-pot pasta dish is so quick and easy to make. I love repurposing leftovers and creating a whole new meal! This is jam-packed with flavour and sure to be a bit with the whole family!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Serves: Family
- 2 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 10 baby tomatoes, chopped in half
- 1 cup pasta of choice
- 300g leftover turkey, diced into small pieces or you can use shredded
- 2 cups chicken or veggie stock
- 8 tbsp cream cheese
- 2 handfuls of spinach, finely chopped
- A handful of parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 lemon, zested and juiced
- 4 tbsp Parmesan cheese
How to Make Creamy Leftover Turkey Pasta:
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. When hot, add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Then add the garlic, paprika, and pepper. Sauté for a minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for a further couple of minutes.
- Add in the leftover Turkey pieces.
- Then add the pasta and pour in the stock. Mix to combine. Then bring the mixture to a boil. Once it has come to a boil, turn down the heat to low.
- Stir in the cream cheese, and then let the pasta cook for 12 minutes. You can pop the lid on but give it a stir halfway to stop anything sticking.
- Finally, add the chopped spinach, parsley, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Stir to combine and then pop the lid back on for another 2 minutes.
- Serve topped with Parmesan cheese.
If you enjoyed this pasta, we think you'll love this 10-minute Pea Pesto Pasta!