Recipe By: @my.little.food.critic
If you have some leftover mashed potatoes then I have you covered with this quick and easy potato pancake recipe. They come together extremely quickly, are crispy on the outside, and soft and flavorsome on the inside.
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Serves: 8 - 10 pancakes
Leftover Potato Pancake Ingredients:
- 3 cups of leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 2 scallions, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 1/2 tbsp of flour (you may need more)
- 1 - 2 tbsp milk of choice (you may not need all of this)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
How to Make Potato Pancakes Using Leftover Mashed Potatoes:
- In a bowl, combine the leftover mashed potatoes, minced garlic, black pepper, salt, scallions (if using), flour, and milk.
- If the mixture is a little bit too wet, add some more flour — if it is too dry, a splash of milk.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out about 2 tbsps of the mixture, roll into a ball, and then flatten into a pancake shape.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over low - medium heat and cook until golden and crispy on both sides.
Serve and enjoy!
Looking for more great bites for your littles? Try these simple cauliflower fritters!