Cauliflower Fritters Recipe By: @my.little.food.critic
These cauliflower fritters make a delicious lunch or snack. Cauliflower, parmesan, and fresh herbs are mixed and pan-fried golden brown, oozing flavour!
- Serves: 8 -10 fritters
- Prep time: 5 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- 1 small head of cauliflower — chopped into small florets (about 300g)
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Zest of 1 lemon
- A handful of chopped parsley
- ½ oregano
- 1/3 cup spelt flour
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg or 1 chia egg
- 2 tbsp olive oil
How to Make Cauliflower Fritters:
- Steam or boil the cauliflower florets for 5 minutes and then drain.
- Use a fork or a potato mash to break up the flowers and mash them down.
- Add the pepper, lemon zest, garlic, parsley, oregano, flour, Parmesan cheese, and egg or chia egg. Stir well to combine.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. When hot, using a tablespoon or an ice cream scoop, scoop out the batter and place it on the baking tray. Then, using the back of the spoon, flatten to form a fritter.
- Cook each side of the fritter for about 3-4 minutes, until golden brown. Repeat with the remaining batter.
These can be stored in the fridge for two days or frozen for up to 3 months!