Recipe By: @my.little.food.critic
Meet your new favorite family snack: homemade gummy fruit snacks! Made with real fruit and zero refined sugar, they're as healthy as they are tasty. Plus, you can customize them just how you and your kiddos like them!
- Prep time: 10 mins
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Serves: Family
- 1 cup berries of choice
- 1.5 cups apple juice
- ¼ cup maple syrup (or more to taste)
- ½ lemon
- 6 tbsp agar flakes
- Combine the fruit, apple juice, and maple syrup in a high-speed blender and whizz until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a pan and bring to the boil.
- Turn the heat down to low and add the agar flakes and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Simmer for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour the mixture into silicone molds (mini chocolate molds work well for this).
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes, until the mixture sets.
- Once they're set, pop them out of the molds. Store them in an airtight container in the fridge. They'll keep for up to a week, but we bet they won't last that long!