Recipe By: @athomewithastghik
Here’s a quick and easy way to make pizza using fluffy Naan bread! This recipe includes steps for two cooking options, preparing your pizza outdoors over a grill or cooked indoors in the oven. Additionally, I added cooked and diced chicken to my recipe for some protein and finely diced spinach for extra nutrients.
You may use any toppings you wish. Here are the ingredients I used to build my pizza.
(see bonus instructions for cooking the chicken below!)
- store-bought Naan bread
- avocado oil to brush over the bread
- pizza sauce
- finely diced spinach
- oven-roasted chicken (may cook your chicken separately, use leftovers, or use store-bought rotisserie chicken)
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat grill to 400F with direct heat on one side and indirect heat on the other side.
- Brush both sides of the Naan bread with avocado oil
- Place Naan bread over direct heat and cook on both sides for about 1 minute or until you get nice grill marks.
- Transfer grilled Naan bread over indirect heat and add desired toppings. I spread pizza sauce, added finely diced spinach, cooked diced (or shredded) chicken, and shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and allow to cook for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Remove, cool, and cut into desired pieces.
To cook the pizzas in the oven:
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Sprinkle naan bread lightly with water.
- Place Naan bread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place on the middle rack and bake for 2 minutes. Carefully remove it from the oven.
- Add desired toppings. Place back in the oven and bake for 5 minutes or until cheese has melted.
I served with tricolored bell peppers, quartered cherries, and quartered grapes.
If you want to prepare the chicken yourself, here’s how I cooked it:
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Coat the thawed chicken breasts evenly with avocado oil, salt, pepper, sweet paprika, and garlic powder.
- Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Roast it in the oven for about 30-40 minutes (flipping them halfway through the cooking time) until the chicken has cooked through and a thermometer registers to 165F when placed in the center.
Only have 15 minutes? Try this super quick Pizza Toast option!