Recipe By: @athomewithastghik
Here's a quick and easy way to make homemade Mac and Cheese. This recipe is a one-pot meal where everything gets cooked in one pot, which means fewer steps and dishes to wash.
- 1 pound uncooked elbow pasta
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast, optional
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Add uncooked pasta, water, chicken broth, and milk to a pot. Bring to a boil while stirring frequently.
- Once it boils, add salt, ground black pepper, and nutritional yeast. Mix well to incorporate the ingredients. Cover and allow to simmer on low for 10 minutes while stirring frequently.
- After 10 minutes, the pasta should be cooked (There might be some liquid). Turn the heat off and add the shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- Mix well, cover, and allow to sit off the heat for 5 minutes.
Plate, allow it to cool and enjoy!
Pictured with hummus, cucumbers, and carrots. Along with diced strawberries.