- 1 Lb. Extra Lean Ground Turkey
- 2 Peeled Carrots
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 Small Onion
- 1/2 Cup Mushrooms
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 Cup BBQ Sauce of Choice
- 1/2 Cup No Sugar Added Ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. Tomato Paste
- 1 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- 1/4 Cup Vegetable Stock (can sub water)
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Avocado Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut Sugar if desired
- Slider Buns (or buns of your choice)
- Chop onion, carrots, zucchini garlic, and mushrooms very finely.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add avocado oil and vegetables. Season with 1/2 of the salt and pepper and cook about 5 minutes until veggies are tender.
- Add in ground turkey at this time and season with the rest of the salt and pepper and break up with a wooden spoon to combine with the veggies. Sauté for another 5-10 minutes until turkey starts to brown.
- Combine bbq sauce, ketchup, tomato paste, chili powder, stock, and Worcestershire Sauce in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the sauce to the turkey and vegetable mixture and stir to combine.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cover for 15 minutes. Taste test and add coconut sugar at this time if desired and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately on slider buns and store leftovers in the fridge for up to a week.
Be sure to follow Leigh Ann on her instagram, website and check out her new cookbook for all the toddler meal #inspo!
Did you make this recipe? Let us know how you liked it and find more great healthy meal ideas here.