Recipe By: @athomewithastghik
Ingredients For Chicken-Veggie filling:
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup small diced red bell peppers
- 1 garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup spinach, finely diced
Ingredients to help assemble the enchiladas:
- 6 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded plus more for topping
- 6 flour tortillas
- 1 cup green enchilada sauce, I used the “Siete” brand
- 1 cup sour cream
Note: If needed, to help make the tortillas pliable, place them in a damp paper towel and microwave for a few seconds.
Method: Filling & Seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 350F
To prepare the seasoning, add the following ingredients to a small bowl: chili powder, salt, sweet paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, ground cumin, dried oregano, and ground black pepper. Mix with a fork and
- Add butter to a saucepan and melt it over medium heat. Add the onions, carrots, and red bell peppers. Sauté for about 3 minutes or
until onionsare translucent.
- Add the garlic, spinach, and shredded cooked chicken. Sauté to help warm up the chicken for about a minute over medium heat.
- Add the prepared seasoning. Mix to coat and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add water and mix to combine. Cook while mixing frequently until the water has evaporated.
- Remove from the heat and
To prepare the Enchiladas:
- To a bowl, add the sour cream and the green enchilada sauce. Mix to combine. Add 1 cup of this mixture to a 9x13 baking dish and spread it out evenly. Reserve the rest of the sauce to top over the tortillas.
- Grab a tortilla and add 1/4 cup shredded
Monterey Jackcheese and 1/4 cup of the chicken-veggie filling in a horizontal line on one end of the tortilla. Roll the tortilla so thatthe filling stays inside. Place the tortillas,seam side down, in the baking dish.
- Once all of the tortillas have been prepared and added to the baking dish, top the
remainingenchilada sauce over the tortillas. Spreadit out evenly with a spoon.
- Top it with shredded Monterey Jack cheese and bake it in the oven for about 20-25 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the sauce on the sides is bubbly.
- Remove from the oven.
Serve with desired sides or toppings.
Pictured with a side of sour cream, red rice, carrots, and red bell peppers.