When my daughter was little, I used to make her a version of these green waffles in pancake form minus the green. She drizzled a bit of maple syrup on top and gobbled them up! She’s older now but the recipe is still so much fun to make that I decided to revisit it and give it a twist. I made it into waffle form for a post with @easyhealthykids x @bumkinsbaby.
Such a simple, minimal ingredient and healthy recipe for kids! For my grownup version waffles I do add a little sugar and salt, but that’s for another time! 😝
To make this veggie waffle recipe, you will need:
💛1 cup of whole wheat or spelt flour
💛1 cup of unsweetened almond or oat milk
💛1/2 cup of spinach
💛2 tsp of baking powder
💛2 tbsp of coconut oil
💛1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
💛 1 egg
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients together.
- In a blender, blend the milk and spinach together well.
- In another mixing bowl, separate the egg white from the yolk and beat the egg white until soft peaks form.
- Combine all the wet ingredients except for the egg white together and then add to the dry ingredients.
- Lastly, carefully fold in the egg white into the batter.
- In a heated waffle iron, cook batter for approximately 5 minutes.