Are you looking for a delicious and nutritious snack for your toddler? Look no further than cauliflower nuggets! Baked cauliflower nuggets are a great way to get your toddler to eat their veggies. Not only are they a healthier alternative to traditional nuggets, but they’re also easier to make than you may think!
Recipe By: @my.little.food.critic
These delicious nuggets are packed with veggies and so much flavor! They are great for batch cooking and make a great snack or lunch.
- Prep time: 10 mins
- Cook time: 20 mins
- Serves: 12
- 1 medium-sized cauliflower head, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/3 cup almond flour or use breadcrumbs for nut-free alternative
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Steam/boil the cauliflowers florets until tender (about 5 minutes).
- While the cauliflower is cooking, combine the cheese, egg, oregano, basil, black pepper, garlic powder, and almond flour in a bowl.
- Once the cauliflower is cooked, either drain and blitz in a high-speed blender or use a potato masher to mash it into fine pieces.
- Use a dish towel or cheesecloth to squeeze out as much liquid as possible from the cauliflower.
- Add the cauliflower to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Scoop out 2 tbsp of the mixture and use your hands to shape them into tots and then flatten slightly.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until golden.
These can be frozen once baked for up to 3 months. Defrost in the fridge or cook from frozen in the oven.