Recipe By: @athomewithastghik
What's a Chaffle?
Chaffles are waffles that are made with only two ingredients-eggs and cheese. They’re made in a mini waffle maker (a regular-sized waffle maker will work as well) and are ready in no time. To me, they taste like omelets; so good!
For my recipe, I also added nutritional yeast for extra nutrients and flavor, YUM!
Serving: Makes about 4 mini Chaffles
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon Nutritional yeast, optional
How to Make Chaffles:
- Add the eggs to a bowl and whisk. Add the nutritional yeast and mix in a whisking motion to incorporate. Add the cheese and mix to combine.
- Heat a waffle maker (I used a mini waffle maker). Make the waffles according to the waffle maker’s instructions.
- I scooped about 2.5-3 tablespoons of the mixture into the heated mini waffle maker and allowed it to cook for about 2 minutes or until the light turned off. I also made sure the waffles were golden brown.
- Allow the waffles to cool.
- Cut into strips or desired pieces and enjoy!
I served them with vanilla Greek yogurt and pomegranate, along with small diced grape tomatoes and cucumbers.