Recipe By: @athomewithastghik
This one-pot meal contains veggies like mushrooms, broccoli, and spinach. It doesn’t contain meat, making it a quick and easy “Meatless Monday” meal. I must add my kids don’t like to eat mushrooms, but they greatly enjoyed this meal!
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, finely diced
- 1 medium onion, small diced
- 1 cup small diced broccoli
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pound uncooked pasta
- 1/2 cup basil, diced
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup spinach, finely diced
- 1/2 cup packed of grated Parmesan cheese
- Add oil to a large pot and allow it to get hot. Add the small diced onions and mushrooms. Mix and sauté over medium heat for 6 minutes.
- Add the small diced broccoli and minced garlic, and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the uncooked pasta, chicken broth, milk, heavy cream, and basil. Mix to combine.
- Bring it to a boil, and add salt and pepper. Give it a good mix, ensure the pasta is submerged in the liquid, cover it with a lid, and lower the heat to medium-low or where there’s a low boil. Cook for 15 minutes or until most of the liquid has been absorbed, stirring a few times along the way.
- Turn the heat off and add the finely diced spinach and Parmesan cheese. Mix to combine. Taste for salt and add more if desired.
- Plate, allow to cool, and serve.