You can make this quick, easy breakfast or snack in under 5 minutes. You can also use these Oatmeal Fingers for Baby Led Weaning, and you can top them with fruit, yogurt, nut butter, or alongside purees.
- Prep time: under 5 mins
- Cook time: 4 minutes
- Serves: 1
- 1/2 cup oats
- 2 tbsp milled flaxseed
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon or use vanilla
- 2 tbsp apple sauce or use 1/4 mashed banana
- 1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp almond flour (great for added nutrients but can omit to keep nut free)
How to Make Oatmeal Fingers:
- In a shallow bowl, combine the oats, flaxseed, cinnamon (or vanilla), apple sauce (or banana), milk, and almond flour (if using).
- Transfer to a microwave-safe dish, roughly 4x6 inches.
- Microwave for 3 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before slicing into finger-width strips.
- Serve topped with yogurt, fruit, and nut butter alongside a fruit purée for dipping or just as they are.
- These can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for 3 days.