Recipe By: @my.little.food.critic
This casserole is sure to be a hit with the whole family. It’s flavorsome, loaded with veggies, and so easy to make.
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 60 mins
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 white onion, finely diced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 450g mince of choice
- 1 heaped tsp smoked paprika
- 1 heaped tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- A handful of chopped spinach
- 1 cup frozen sweetcorn
- 1 1/2 cups crushed tomato
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 3 1/2 cups tater tots (about 16 – 18 tater tots)
- A handful of chopped parsley
How to Make Tater Tot Casserole:
- Preheat your oven to 180°C / 360°F, and grease or a baking dish.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat when hot, add the onions and sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Then add the mince and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Next, add the garlic, smoked paprika, oregano, and black pepper. Sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Then add the spinach, sweetcorn, and crushed tomatoes—Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of cheese to the mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish. Top with the tater tots. Then sprinkle over the remaining 1 cup of cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle over some chopped parsley before serving.
This can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 days.
Love a casserole? Try this Broccoli Cheddar Casserole!