Recipe By: @my.little.food.critic
These sheet pan quesadillas are seriously easy to make, bursting with flavor, and are great for making ahead. You can switch up the chicken for black beans to make a vegetarian version.
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Serves: Family
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1-pound shredded chicken
- A large handful of chopped cilantro
- 6 - 8 tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 2 tbsp melted butter
How to Make Sheet Pan Quesadillas:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 360°F.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. When hot, sauté the bell pepper, scallions, and minced garlic for 5 minutes,
- Then add the paprika, coriander, and cumin. Stir well and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked veggies to a large bowl and add the shredded chicken and cilantro. Stir well to combine.
- Place 2 tortillas on the bottom of your pan and then arrange the remaining tortillas around the perimeter, overlapping them.
- Spread the chicken filling over the tortillas and then sprinkle over the cheese.
- Fold the overhanging tortillas towards the center of the pan until the filling is covered.
- Brush the melted butter over the top of the tortillas so that they get nice and crispy.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden.
Allow cooling slightly before slicing. Sprinkle with some more cilantro and scallions if you would like. For adults, add some chopped jalapenos over the top.
These can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for 2 days.
Looking to add some fun to mealtime while minimizing mess? Learn more about our Special Edition Silicone Unicorn Grip Dish pictured above.