Dive into a delightful twist on a family classic! This Butternut Squash Mac & Cheese Plus recipe is a healthful and mouth-watering dish your kids won't be able to resist. With its creamy, cheesy goodness and a touch of veggie magic, it's a sneaky way to nourish them with essential nutrients.
Recipe By: @kristen.carli, MS, RD | Media Dietitian
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
● 3 cups butternut squash, diced + peeled
● 3/4 cups soaked cashews
● 2 cloves garlic
● 1/4 cup water
● 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
● 2 teaspoons chili powder
● 2 teaspoons onion powder
● 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
● 1 teaspoon white vinegar
● 1 teaspoon salt
● 1 teaspoon black pepper
● 1 lb uncooked pasta
- Steam the butternut squash until tender.
- Blend all ingredients (except pasta and peas) in a high-speed blender. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Heat a large pot of water over high heat. Once boiling, add pasta and cook according to package directions. In the last minute, add the peas.
- In a large bowl, dump drained pasta, peas, and add butternut squash sauce. Stir to combine.
Serve with fresh cracked black pepper on top. Enjoy!