Chickpea Blondies by our friend Amy from @yummytoddlerfood known for whipping up healthy, toddler-friendly recipes!
These blondie chickpea brownies are super moist, just sweet enough, and have a bit of chocolate in each bite. They're one of my favorite ways to use chickpeas these days, and I love that they're a good source of fiber and protein too.
Because why not turn a can of chickpeas into a deliciously healthy treat?!
🍪1 Can of chickpeas (14.5 oz)
🍪2 Tsp vanilla extract
🍪¼ Cup natural unsweetened peanut or almond butter
🍪⅓ Cup maple syrup or honey
🍪½ Tsp salt
🍪½ Tsp baking soda
🍪¼ Cup flour
🍪½ Cup chocolate chips
🍪¼ Cup mashed overripe banana
- Add to food processor: chickpeas (rinsed and drained), banana, peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, salt, and tsp of baking soda.
- Grind well until the batter is very smooth.
- Pulse in the flour and chocolate chips to combine.
- Spread into a greased 8x8-inch pan and bake in a 350 degree oven for 24 to 26 minutes, or until lightly golden around the edges and firm to the touch in the middle.
- Let cool fully before slicing.I recommend refrigerating the pan so it's very cold and gets a little firmer. Store any leftovers in an airtight container for 3 to 5 days.
Pro Tip: You can omit the flour if you're out. The blondies will be a little less firm, but will still work as long as they're very cold.
⭐️You can find this precious Special Edition Unicorn Silicone Grip Dish used to plate these delicious treats here.
Enjoyed the blondies? Find other great family-friendly recipes here.