As the days grow longer and warmer, isn't it always a challenge to find recipes that are both a treat for the kids and nutritious too? That's when this super-friendly pasta salad steps up.
This is a no-fuss, scrumptious dish that's as easy as pie to whip up. The secret star of the show? A unique maple vinaigrette dressing that adds a sweet twist. Trust us, it's going to win smiles from kids and grown-ups alike! And the best part? You can have this salad ready in a jiffy. So, whether it's a spontaneous picnic or a planned family BBQ, this pasta salad is your go-to summer dish.
Here’s a quick and easy salad to prepare that’s tasty and nutritious. It can be served on its own or as a side.
- 12 ounces pasta (I used organic brown rice Farfalle pasta by the brand Jovial)
- 1/2 cup small diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup small diced cucumbers
- 1/2 cup diced sugar snap peas
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, thinly diced
- 1/2 cup spinach, finely diced
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
How to Make Kid-Friendly Pasta Salad
- Cook the pasta according to its package’s instructions or your liking.
- Prepare the ingredients: Dice the red bell peppers, cucumbers, and sugar snap peas. Also, shred the carrots and finely dice the basil and spinach.
- Maple Vinaigrette: Make the dressing by adding the avocado oil, apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard, pure maple syrup, and salt to a bowl. Whisk well to combine.
- Drain the pasta water and transfer the pasta to a bowl. Add the veggies and the dressing. Toss well to combine and serve.