Recipe By: @athomewithastghik
These protein balls are such a great way to eat lentils. Additionally, they’re packed with nutrients and great for the entire family to enjoy! They’re also great to pack in a lunchbox or for on-the-go snacking.
- 1/4 cup uncooked green lentils, rinsed well
- 2/3 cup filtered water
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 15.5 ounces (1 1/2 cups) canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed with outer coating removed.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup unsalted organic creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
📝 Note: I recommend using a non-stick saucepan/pot to prevent the lentils from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
📝 Note: If the lentils have softened, but there’s still some liquid left, remove the lid, increase the heat a bit and cook uncovered until all of the liquid has been absorbed/evaporated- for about 5-10 minutes.
📝 Note: you may also drizzle on some melted chocolate.
9. Transfer them to the refrigerator for an hour and enjoy.
📝 Note: Keep them in the refrigerator until ready to serve.