Recipe By: @my.little.food.critic
This banana dump cake is so delicious and easy to make, perfect for when you want a scrumptious sweet delight with minimal effort. You can use a pre-made box cake mix or add together a few simple ingredients for a homemade version!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Serves: 8 servings
- 3 bananas
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 mashed banana
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 box ready cake mix
- OR (for homemade cake)
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups spelt flour/all-purpose flour
Pictured: Bumkins Silicone Grip Tray
- Preheat the oven 170°C / 350°F, and grease or spray a 13x9 baking dish.
- Slice the bananas and layer across the dish.
- Sprinkle over the chopped nuts.
- In a bowl, mash the remaining banana and add the applesauce and milk. Combine.
- Then either add the ready cake mix OR add in the maple syrup, baking powder, baking soda, and flour. Stir to combine.
- Dump the cake mix over the banana and ensure it is evenly spread.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Allow it to cool for about 10 -15 minutes, and then flip the cake over so that the bananas are now at the top.
- Slice and enjoy!
This can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for three days.