Recipe By: @athomewithastghik
This salad is such a simple yet delicious recipe! I love the different flavors and textures this salad provides. The cucumbers help make it refreshing and crunchy, while the sweetened dried cranberries add a hint of sweetness. These all pair so nicely with the rest of the ingredients.
I added oven-roasted chicken to the salad, but rotisserie chicken or any kind of chicken will also work.
- 3/4 cup uncooked Couscous
- 1 heaping cup chicken, small diced chicken (may use rotisserie chicken or oven-roast your own chicken)
- 1 cup Persian cucumbers, small diced
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, small diced
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries, diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, finely diced
- 1 cup spinach, finely diced
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 small garlic clove, finely grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons milk
Pictured: Sage Silicone Grip Dish
Cook and prepare your couscous according to the directions on the package. Set it aside.
Note: Fluff the couscous with a fork before transferring it to the bowl.
In a small bowl, prepare the dressing:
- Add the mayonnaise and sour cream, then mix to combine.
- Use a grater to finely grate one garlic clove.
- Add salt, pepper, and milk. Mix well to combine.
- Set the dressing aside.
To a large bowl, add the fluffed couscous. Then:
- Add the diced chicken, diced cucumbers, diced tomatoes, diced sweetened dried cranberries, finely diced spinach, and finely diced cilantro.
- Toss to combine.
- Add the dressing and toss well to coat evenly.
Serve and enjoy!
Let us know how yours turned out @bumkinsbaby or in the comments below!