Tips to get your kiddos in the kitchen by Johanna Donnenfield, BScPhm, MS RD.
- Fetch cans and packages from low shelves or cabinets.
- Peel bananas.
- Roll or crush crackers to make cracker crumbs.
- Slice soft foods (cooked potatoes, bananas) with a table knife.
- Pour liquids from small containers into bowl.
- Wash fruits and vegetables.
- Stir batters with whisks.
- Use a rotary egg beater (with supervision.)
- Place toppings on pizza or snacks (ants on a log.)
- Spread soft textures with a table knife.
Download the PDF version here!