Recipe By: @athomewithastghik
My kids are really into superheroes right now. So, I call these banana blender spinach pancakes "Hulk Pancakes!" They love them since they make them grow "big and strong," just like the Hulk.
Ingredients:💚 1 cup of all-purpose flour
💚 1 cup whole wheat flour
💚 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
💚 1 teaspoon baking powder
💚 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
💚 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
💚 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
💚 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas, mashed well
💚 2 cups baby spinach, rinsed and dried well
💚 4 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
💚 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
💚 1 1/4 cups milk, may use whole milk or dairy-free milk
💚 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Mash the bananas well with a fork and measure out 1.5 cups.
- Add the mashed bananas to a blender along with the spinach, melted butter, vanilla extract, and milk. Blend until it’s smooth. Set it aside.
- To a separate bowl, add the dry ingredients (all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, ground flaxseed, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, and ground nutmeg ). Mix in a whisking motion with a fork to combine.
- Add the banana-spinach mixture to the flour mixture. Mix to combine. Also, add the orange zest and mix to incorporate it into the batter.
- Heat the skillet, and add some butter to coat the pan lightly. Use a 1/4 cup measure and scoop the batter onto the skillet. Allow it to cook until bubbles form on the surface and the bottom is golden brown.
- Carefully flip the pancake and allow it to cook on the other side. Add more butter and add more batter to the pan. Continue the process mentioned above to finish cooking the pancakes.
Allow to cool and serve.
Served with scrambled eggs, strawberries, and oranges.