Hello, my name is Jude and I am a mama to a lovely picky eater toddler named Issa. I am excited to share with you the recipe for these delicious mini wonton taco cups; a meal that my toddler absolutely loves eating and helping me put together. They were a hit at his birthday party among the kids and adults!
Served on a platter with sour cream dip, or topped with mashed avocado, these cups take 20 minutes to make and are a fun and exciting way to get your kids involved in the kitchen (without making a big mess, ok maybe just a little).
Taco Wonton CupsServes 12
Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic
- 12 wonton wrappers
- 1/2 pack of taco seasoning
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1 cup of corn
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar & Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 green onions, chopped.
- 1 mashed avocado
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 tsp lemon juice.
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Spray and line wonton wrappers in a muffin tin.
- Place the ground beef in a skillet and cook over medium-high heat, add onions, drain any excess water in the skillet. Add olive oil and taco seasoning then sauté over medium heat.
- Divide ground beef between the 12 muffin cups. Top with corn, diced tomatoes, and cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until wontons are browned.
- Serve with sour cream and mashed avocado with cilantro and lemon juice stirred in.
For more kid-friendly recipes follow my Instagram page @issa.feast or check out my blog https://issafeast.com/; it's all about nutritious food ideas for picky eaters, and simple recipes using everyday foods for the whole family.