The big game is just around the corner and you’re in charge of fueling excitement for a mixed crowd. You don’t need to spend hours prepping separate game-day snacks for littles and adults. We’ve compiled a list of crowd-pleasing recipes that are sure to win over appetites of all ages.
We invite you to take your nachos to the next level with our simple yet savory turkey chili recipe and you can go ahead and scratch finger-food off your list with a batch of our mouth-watering mini mac & cheese bites.
In the spirit of teamwork, our friend Amy from Yummy Toddler Food coaches you and your squad of little chefs through an easy win with her super-simple Infinity Star-shaped cracker recipe!
Easy Nacho Chili Topping Recipe
Top your nachos with this Easy Turkey Chili Recipe for your friends & family served in our Football Silicone Grip Dish.
🏈2 lbs of lean turkey
🏈2 green chilis (no seeds)
🏈1 cup of corn kernels
🏈1 can of kidney beans
🏈15 oz can of tomato sauce
🏈6 oz can of tomato paste
- Cook the ground turkey in a large skillet over medium to high heat. Drain the excess juice and cook until turkey browns and is no longer pink. Break up the ground turkey into smaller bits with a spoon or spatula. Once this is completed, place ground turkey in the crockpot.
- Dice up the tomatoes and green chilis. Put into crockpot.
- Add corn, tomatoes, kidney beans, tomato paste, & tomato sauce into the crockpot.
- Set crockpot to cook on high for 4 hours or low for 5 to 6 hours.
- Serve with desired toppings and enjoy!
Homemade Star-shaped Crackers
(Makes about a dozen crackers)
⭐¼ rolled oats
⭐1/3 cup whole wheat flour
⭐1/8 tsp baking powder
⭐¼ cup milk
⭐¾ cup shredded yellow cheddar cheese
⭐1 tbsp diced butter
Amy's pro tip, “The beauty of this dough is that it’s very forgiving and easy to work with. You don’t need to worry too much about the temperature of the butter or milk and the kids can help roll and stamp out the cookie cutters. It shouldn’t be too sticky, though you can always add a little extra flour if it is.”
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor. Blend to form a batter.
- Place batter between two pieces of parchment paper.
- Roll out to about ½-1/4-inch thick.
- Cut out with a star cookie cutter and place onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until crackers are golden brown. Let cool slightly and serve.
- Store any leftover crackers in an airtight container at room temperature. These are best eaten within 48 hours of baking.
Less Mess Muffin-Pan Mac & Cheese Bites
Who doesn’t love mac and cheese? Turn a time-tested favorite into bite-sized snacks for cheesy pasta lovers of all ages!
(Yields About 24 mini mac muffins or 12 regular-sized muffins)
🧀8 oz of elbow or short dry pasta of your choice
🧀2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
🧀2 oz of cream cheese
🧀2 tbsp unsalted butter
🧀2 tbsp flour
🧀1 cup of milk of your choice
🧀1/4 tsp salt
🧀1/4 tsp black pepper
🧀1/2 teaspoon of mustard powder
🧀sprinkle of breadcrumbs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Generously coat your mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside. Be sure to get all the edges to avoid sticking.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Put in pasta and cook until al dente or 2 minutes less than the box recommends. (You don’t want the pasta too soft before it goes in the oven). Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter & whisk in flour (medium to high heat) until mixture is super smooth. Gradually add milk and bring mixture to a simmer.
- Add in cheddar, cream cheese, mustard powder, and salt & pepper. Stir continuously until the sauce is smooth and then remove your cheese sauce from heat and let it sit for 2 minutes.
- Beat your egg and blend it with your cheese sauce and cooked pasta in a large mixing bowl until the pasta is evenly coated.
- Scoop large spoon-sized portions of your mac mixture into each muffin mold until slightly overflowing. Press down and sprinkle bread crumbs on top.
- On the middle rack, bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and be sure to let the cups sit for 5 to 10 minutes to allow time for the mixture to fully set before removing from tin.
Check out our other post-game snack ideas here!